Tuesday 21 May 2013

Decorating Kensington Palace: Kate Out and About in London

I just read about this on the HRH Duchess Kate blog, the photos are from E!Online.

Kate was out and about in London last week obviously on the hunt for decor for her soon to be new apartment in Kensington Palace! I think it would be a lot of fun to decorate such a space, and have the time and the money to do it!

Here are the pictures:







I love how effortless Kate looks in these photos. She's slightly cuffed her jeans, the shoes are trendy, but not overtly so, and I love the jacket and the scarf. Her hair is done in an interesting way too. I hope that if I'm ever expecting I can look just as good! I think being as tall as Kate really helps - and she was and is in very good shape. Which I'm sure also makes a huge difference!

You can access the article that accompanied these photos by following this link: http://ca.eonline.com/news/419163/pregnant-kate-middleton-braves-rain-for-london-shopping-trip-see-the-pics

I have to say that I don't like how the author of the article refers to Kate as "the royal star". She's not a celebrity. She's a senior member of the Royal Family. A celebrity, in my mind anyway, refers to an actor or a singer. Kate is just a high profile individual. To apply to term celebrity to her or any other member of the Royal Family makes them seem tacky and does not give them the respect that they deserve. How's that for an opinion? :)

I also don't care for some of the other terms that they use in this article either, like "hubby", refering to Prince William, or "Mama-to-be". Gross. E!Online is so Hollywood, and to me their style just doesn't suit anything they report on regarding the royals.

No comments:

Post a Comment