Tuesday 10 September 2013

Operation "Tops": Success

Although I didn't get any of the tops that I had posted about recently (most weren't stocked at the stores nearest me, and others I just gave up on), I did find some good pieces at Winners! I thought I had struck out, but I ended up scoring big time today, after a few days in search of tops that would help me expand my wardrobe a bit and fill a niche that I've just realized I hadn't cornered yet.

It's always hard transitioning between seasons, and it's even harder when the weather yo-yo's unpredictably. Thankfully the tops that I found are effortless, flexible (regarding the weather roller coasters we can often experience at these times of the year) and most of all, they are somewhat trendy :)

I love my cardigans, sweaters and hoodies (the latter I wear mostly at home or when running errands), but I needed something different - something more Pippa and Kate-esque, so to speak. I also needed more tops that were "stand-alone", pieces that didn't have to be worn under an open cardigan because they were sleeveless. That's another go-to look I have.

So I'm really happy with my finds! I also ended up getting a pair of "cargo" pants in "Tuscan Olive" from J Crew. They are a great addition (and change) to my wardrobe. Now I have something other to wear than denim. And I also have my black jeans, which I look forward to wearing, they will also help to diversify my usual outfits. I feel like I can tackle any occasion now, and that makes me feel great! Sad, but true :)





P.S. I also found a really cute DKNY bag at Winners as well! It's brown/tan in colour :) I can't wait to pair it with these pants, and all my other "fall" outfits - not to mention my winter ones, because now I'm going to follow the "anything goes" rule that Pippa and Kate seem to abide by. I just hope it doesn't backfire for me, when I wear black boots and a brown/tan bag in the middle of winter... :)








No comments:

Post a Comment