Tuesday 17 September 2013

Getting Active: Following in the Footsteps of Kate and Pippa

I have always been athletic, and I've always enjoyed playing certain sports and being outdoors being active. However, with my school days long behind me, it's harder finding athletic outlets.

I've been inspired by both Kate and Pippa recently, because they are both so keen to stay fit and they are naturally athletic. They also seem to enjoy being active out of doors as well
 - it's nothing forced and I appreciate and admire that.



In my pursuit of following in their footsteps I've both stepped up my activity level somewhat (trying to exercise regularly) and I've been eating a lot better. I'm happy to report I've even lost 5 pounds!

I was also able to get outdoors this summer and burn some calories while having fun at the same time. I went kayaking on the Humber River in Toronto with a friend of mine, and we had a blast! It was very tiring - we were out for a good 2 hours - but it was great to feel like I'd done some good hard work and had fun doing it! I want to experience that feeling again, and on a more regular basis. So my next goal is to find something relatively inexpensive to do on a semi-regular basis to keep me active and to have fun and possibly learn a new skill.

I'm thinking of tennis, badminton (my family plays the latter game, so this is probably my best bet), boxing, and rowing. Money will definitely be a deciding factor, as well as the location of the activity. I'll probably end up going with Badminton though, just because my Dad plays regularly, I have access to rackets and a facility that's relatively inexpensive. It seems as though I've just made up my mind... And although I have played badminton almost all of my life, I can hone the skill and get better.

Playing on a regular basis should also hopefully help me reach my goal of losing some more weight - a win, win situation if you ask me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment