Thursday 12 September 2013

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Attend The Tusk Foundation Gala

The moment has arrived! At long last we see Will and Kate out for an official event in London today, for the Tusk Foundation Gala.

First of all I would like to say that it seems that Kate has dyed her hair (finally) and gotten rid of that orangey colour she's had in it for a while. I supposed she could have stopped dying her hair in the months leading up the the birth of Prince George, and the colour started fading and got washed out - giving it that orangey cast. Kate's hair was looking particularly bad when we saw her last out in Wales, and even on her pit-stop this week at a McDonald's. I also hope that the pictures are doing her "new" colour justice, and that she really has embraced her natural darker hair colour. Sure she's always been brunette, but her natural colour is quite dark, and she kept it that way up until and for a while after the wedding. But since about the winter, her hair took on a much lighter tone - getting even lighter approaching the summer. So here's to hoping that Kate stays her natural dark brunette colour, and doesn't lighten it up again! :)

You can see Kate's dye growing out very well here. I love her natural colour, you can see it at her roots. 

Here is Kate's hair now. You can see where the new dye has covered the old colour I think...But lets hope she keeps her colour this dark. I much preferred her natural colour!

Now, onto Kate's dress! I have to say that I am underwhelmed. Kate didn't seem to glitter as much as she used to, despite wearing all of those sequins on her gown. She seemed a bit self-conscious, and maybe that came through just enough to diminish that natural radiance that she usually exudes. I suppose she could have been body-conscious. But I think she looks amazing! And I don't think keeping a bit more meat on her bones would do her any harm. I think it could only increase her popularity among the public who watch her.



All that to say, I really didn't love this dress. I liked it well enough from the front, but from the side and the back, not so much. I didn't think it did her justice. I think she could have worn something much more flattering. It almost made her seem, dare I say it, a bit dumpy from the side and rear view. And her chest didn't seem that well supported either. Which wouldn't help.



I also think that if she had kept her hair away from her face it would have made her look better too - we could have seen the angles of her face better. But perhaps, again, it was subconsciously like that to hide any insecurities that she might have been experiencing.






No comments:

Post a Comment