Tuesday 10 September 2013

Obsessing Over Matching...

In a number of my posts (some old and some new) I have talked, at length it seems, about matching bags to shoes, matching shoes with belts and how and when to match all of the above with blues, grays and blacks. And I have to say that I'm exhausted, and after coming across a few pictures recently I've decided that I'm going to let go, breathe and just follow-suit. Meaning, I will match where and when I can, but I will no longer try to get things perfect all of the time. And wearing black and brown together, guess what? I'm going to do it. And having a different coloured brown bag from my brown shoes, that's going to be okay too!

Here are my photo inspirations (my purse thanks them)    :)


Notice that Kate is wearing BROWN boots with BLACK pants (I remember brown and black together used to be a "no-no"). Also, Kate is wearing said brown boots with a BLACK handbag. I notice that she and Pippa tend to make sure that the accessories, be it footwear or bags, match at least something they are wearing (like pants or jackets). I will keep this in mind. Although, as always, I have to say that I do love matching shoes and bags. I just think it looks so polished.



Again, in the picture above, Kate is wearing brown boots with a black jacket, and she's combined that jacket with a navy top underneath. I used to be told black and blue's (not applicable to denim) should never be combined. 

I can't count the number of times I've seen Kate and Pippa mix things up with their combinations, just as much as they match things in their outfits. So, again, I will follow-suit. 

I bought a bag today that is a lighter coloured brown than some brown shoes I own, and most likely the bag will not match perfectly any brown pumps I buy going forward. But I'm not going to sweat it. And I'm also not going to sweat it if I wear this bag with BLACK boots - my Hunters or my winter boots. 

Here is an example from Burberry - if it's done by them, then it has to be right (Although do notice they combine the browns/tans with grey.... which is what I was taught you do....)    :)








No comments:

Post a Comment