Wednesday 4 September 2013

Pippa Out and About and Other Things

So there is a lot of speculation (from the media) that Pippa Middleton is engaged to her boyfriend Nico Jackson. Personally, I will only believe it when its been officially announced.

But today the DM had an article about Pippa, and rather than speculate about her engagement like they did, I would like to discuss her outfit :)




I didn't mind the dress - I loved her bags and I liked her shoes too. Although I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy something like them anytime soon (I have other fashion fishes to fry first).

I like that her hair (from the back) doesn't look quite so polished. It makes me feel better about when I haven't done my hair perfectly :)

My goals for the fall season are to slim down (I'm still having issues with my thyroid), I'm battling bloating and the subsequent weight gain associated with water retention and general gained pounds) so that I feel better and so I can look more like the Middleton sisters in my outfits. I'm also trying to find pieces to help me put together stylish and effortless outfits for the season (to emulate Pippa).

It's getting cooler here now, but you never know - the temperatures could rise unexpectedly. So it's a good idea to have some options that allow for flexibility.

That being said, I'm on the look out for some tops. I love Pippa's tops we've seen her in this summer, paired with jeans and flats. But I would also like the ability to wear them under a cardigan if need be (again, for flexibility if the weather changes). I'm also looking for a brown bag. I don't have one that I can pair with brown shoes, and I love the look of matched shoes and bags. It's so polished looking.

Recently in the sales I've purchased some darker coloured straight jeans from Gap (they have yet to arrive), and some flats also from Gap which are hunter green with leopard spots (perfect to be paired with any bag I own, no matter the colour). The shoe is on trend, being animal print, without being "in your face" about it. Plus, I love their colour of hunter green, especially for fall. Apparently "Oxblood" is the new big colour for fall, so I might be on the lookout for something in that colour as well. Oh if only I had the budget of a Middleton or a Duchess :)




Pippa and Kate both wear cardigans, as do I, but I would also like some other more "trendy" sweater options. Here are some tops and sweaters that I have my eye on at H&M, Zara and Old Navy:




This sweater comes in "Black Glitter", grey, white (shown above) and a camel colour. It will be hard to choose if I have the selection... What would Pippa choose I wonder?
Polka dots seem to be "in" this season, so I love this and I really like the navy blue colour. However, it appears that this also comes in "Burgundy" (which looks like "Oxblood"), so I may opt for that if I can...




I love this colour, so this is tempting too...











I really admired Pippa's grey jeans, so if Gap comes out with something like that I'll probably jump on it if I can (If I find I have things to wear with them). I'm also thinking that I might eventually buy a pair of darker boot cut jeans! I don't know why, but I've got the urge! I'm seeing them around and it might be a different alternative to mix into my wardrobe. 


I even have the boots that the model is wearing in this picture!
Eventually I would also like to get another late fall/winter coat (maybe camel or a grey - light or medium toned) - like the camel pea coat shown below. I also threw in a picture of a quilted jacket from Zara (although I already have one) and a trench coat from Old Navy, the latter would be cute come spring time:





That's the end of my wish-list rant and items that are along the line of those that Kate or Pippa might be seen wearing this season :)






No comments:

Post a Comment