Tuesday 2 July 2013

A Few Points About Pippa

This tidbit is from last week. The Daily Mail published an article about and pictures of Pippa Middleton attending a party. She wore a dress from Temperley London’s diffusion line, Alice by Temperley.


I think that Pippa looked very nice in this dress, and I notice she is wearing her sandals by Ash - which we've seen her in quite a lot lately. But like her sister, I think that's a good thing, and for all her high-end clothing and accessories, it makes her more relatable and more endearing I think.

On another note, the Daily Mail recently published another article that said that Will and Kate had asked Pippa to tone things down a bit, in regards to her public appearances. 


Personally, if this is actually true, I think that while Pippa is connected to Kate - who is now a royal duchess - she did not choose to marry into that family and so she should be able (within reason, like the rest of) to live her life fairly independently. Now, that doesn't mean I think she can entirely forget herself and her connection (like I suggest above), but I don't think that she should have to remain in the shadows and not follow her dreams, and I don't think it's wrong of her to use her status in society to reach her goals or to realize various opportunities. 

I think I've said this before, but it would probably be difficult to be Pippa or James at times. I know they seem "well-off", but they certainly don't have the money that their parents do, and they certainly don't have the money Kate now has access to either - among other incredible things. 

So I think that if Will and Kate did ask her to tone things back, it's not fair of them to do that. That is too much to ask. And I think they should be understanding of Pippa's position. She needs to be allowed to live her own life, or else things could end up strained, resentful and complicated between the siblings. 







No comments:

Post a Comment