Friday 12 July 2013

UPDATE: Pippa's Lovely Makeup Closeup

I made a wish and it came true! In my most recent post about Pippa, attending the Coronation Festival, I wanted to see a closeup of her face, to better examine her more low-key makeup. Thanks to the Daily Mail for posting another picture that shows just that!


I really need to take this picture to a makeup artist! But in my opinion it seems like Pippa is ditching her liquid eyeliner and opting for the more subtle pencil liners and a pale eye shadow in either grey or some other similar colour or shade.

To try to re-create this look I've primed my eyelids with "Elf's" primer. I moisturized before I did that. I've let it dry and now I will apply a small amount of eye shadow to my lids. I have a few colours to choose from. MAC's "Copperplate", which is a grey or slate colour that goes on nicely, or "Mahogany" by Stila. Its a colour with more brown and purple tones to it. 

Lightly brush along the lid of your eye and then with a pencil, either in black or in a dark grey, line your lower lash line. I can't tell if Pippa has lined her upper lash line as well, but you could do that lightly if you wanted to. I might, as it will help give the effect of a thicker lash and depending on the colour you use, it could make your eye colour pop more. 

So there's my take on this makeup look - oh, and don't forget mascara! 



No comments:

Post a Comment