Tuesday 2 July 2013

Wear Your Favourite Shoes Without Wrecking Your Feet!

Last summer I jumped on the nude patent pump band wagon. I purchased a pair of heels from Nine West and I was excited for the shoes to become a great staple in my wardrobe. But boy did they hurt my feet!!!

The first day I wore them they looked great, but they didn't feel so good after a while. Patent leather is notorious for being hard to break in, because of the inflexible nature of the finish. But how was I going to break these things in if I couldn't wear them? Lets just say I didn't try to hard, and the shoes remained in my closet on the shoe rack - looking lovely, but lonely.

However, one of my husband's friends was due to get married this June, and so I knew that I would have to wear those fabulous shoes! But again, how? Even after a little stroll they would rip my feet to shreds, so how was I going to manage a whole wedding?

After a little research beforehand (and some back-up window shopping), I came across a product made by Band-Aid. You apply this product, like deodorant, to the area that you want to protect, and it acts as a barrier between your foot and your shoe. I was a bit skeptical, but the reviews were amazing! Everyone gave it 5 stars and the women who reviewed the product spoke about wearing shoes they loved, but that usually hated their feet, without having any trouble! So I figured I should give it a shot.




Unfortunately Shopper's Drug Mart does not carry this Band-Aid product, BUT, Life Brand (the drugstore brand) did! I was a little concerned that it wouldn't be as effective, but I thought I would give it a whirl. And guess what? IT IS A MIRACLE PRODUCT!!!

I tentatively (and skeptically) applied the stuff just before walking out of the door the day of the wedding, and right away I felt like something was different. My foot just felt more comfortable.

In the end I managed to last from 3:30 until midnight with no foot troubles! I did apply some more product early on though (stashed in my Mulberry clutch), as I was a bit nervous about having any problems - I wanted to be extra sure that I wouldn't have sore feet! But it was all good! I had a great time and my feet did too! I ended up recommending the product to a friend who was sitting next to me, because she was complaining about her feet.

So pick up this product, or one like it, if you have blister issues with any of your shoes! It works great and it won't inhibit you from wearing any foot-wear similar to Kate or Pippa :)




No comments:

Post a Comment