Wednesday 17 July 2013

Davina Combe Amethyst Knot Earrings: UPDATE (Again)!

So I literally just went onto one of my favourite websites, Esty.com, and I did a search for a "hoop drop amethyst earring". And this is what turned up almost right away:


I could have died. 

Now, I realize that the hoop is far too large, and the earring itself does not attach via a post and a butterfly (stud earring), however, I have contacted the shop owner to see if they could modify the earring. I have done this with other jewelry designers on Etsy before, and some of them are able to accommodate you. So we'll wait and see what comes back! 

But the actual amethyst is almost identical to the Davina Combe earrings! 



Stay-tuned for details!

If you would like something sort of similar (although it's a stretch), here is something else I found on Etsy:


In and of themselves these are lovely earrings, and they only cost $37, not including shipping. I could see Kate wearing something like these!

UPDATE:

Unfortunately the earrings the store owner on Etsy.com made did not look any similar to the earrings that Pippa has. Here is what she kindly came up with for me though:



It would be perfect if the amethyst could even just be attached to the hook, that would bring them a little closer to the Davina Combe earrings. But really it would be fantastic if they could be put on a post with a butterfly closure! I've written back to her, so lets hope she can do something else.








No comments:

Post a Comment