Wednesday 17 July 2013

A Bunch of Things

So we're still waiting on the Prince or Princess of Cambridge. I can't say that I'm that surprised though. For some reason, and I think I've said this before, I just didn't think July 13th sounded right. However, if that was the date the palace actually did give out to the public then I believe it (I'm not into conspiracy theories)!

If she is overdo by 5 days, I wonder how Kate is feeling in this heat? It's currently 41 degrees here in Canada! We've been experiencing temperatures like this for the past few days and on and off since the end of June I would say.

Getting back on topic though, I hope that Kate can hold out until next Thursday :) It's my birthday. How incredible would that be???! Every year they would be celebrating a birthday on the same day that I was! I know, I sound crazy :)

Apparently, and I forget where I heard this (probably in the Daily Mail), Carole Middleton told friends that the baby was going to be born under the sign of Leo, which could put the due date into next week. Leo's are born between July 23rd and August 22nd.



On another note, I picked up the Us collector's edition "Raising a Royal Baby" last night at Shopper's Drug Mart. I saw it on the shelf and the next thing I knew it was being rung up! I mostly got it for the pictures - there are some great shots of Kate's makeup (I'm still trying to perfect and understand her various makeup looks).



I have to say that while some of the information in the magazine is interesting and new to me, I started to question whether or not the "facts" were true.

For instance, on page 5 of the magazine, it shows Kate at the Saint Patrick's military parade. The caption reads: Four months before her July due date, she cradled her bump...Was the baby kicking? In quotes here, "Very much so!". Now, this implies that Kate affirmed that the baby was indeed kicking inside of her, but I would love to know who asked that question during this outing? And would Kate, although I don't see why not, actually answer that question and confirm it? Kate always seems to have her hands in front of her, and now that she is pregnant is seems like she's "cradling" her stomach. But I think that it's more coincidence than anything.

Then, later on in the magazine there are a few more things that made me balk.

On page 6 it says that the first person to know that Kate was pregnant was Pippa! Now, I suppose this could be true, but it was my understanding that Will and Kate were staying in Bucklebury with her parents when she was first rushed to the hospital with her acute morning sickness. Pippa might have been there, but I think her parents were said to have guessed - but until later, that was all they could do, as Will and Kate had not said anything. The couple were keen to make sure that the other royals were informed first. As close as Kate is to her sister and her other family members, I can't see her confiding to Pippa before anyone else, and how on earth does Us know this fact pray tell? And where is the context (this is why I question so many of these "facts"). Tell us when Kate told her!



On page 41 the magazine says that Will and Kate only revealed the sex of the baby to their parents. Ummm.... I think that if anyone was told it would have been the Queen. Also, I believe that the palace has claimed that Will and Kate do not know the gender of their baby. At this point I was starting to get a bit angry with the magazine. Where are they getting these facts? I guess I shouldn't have been so naive as to have believed a glorified tabloid. There are many points where they say a mutual friend or a close friend to the Cambridge's spilled the beans, but I just can't believe that... I think the couple pride themselves on having tight-lipped friends.

There are some facts though that I hope are true :) Like, Kate's became an online shopping addict! I myself love to online shop, and am constantly having things delivered to my door. So that would be neat if Kate did the same thing. I also liked that she tried to learn how to knit, but that she was "really bad" at it. Again, this could have been completely take out of context, like many other of the quotes in the magazine. It's sort of like copying and pasting things in things that Kate has actually said and applying them to the information that the magazine wants to include to pad their magazine. It reminds me of a really sketchy high school or university essay some slacker would try to pull-off.

And lastly, on page 69, this is what really ticked me off, the magazine says this: "A bonus: Thanks to her love of horses, the queen often gifts her great-grand-kids with ponies!". I stopped to think for a moment... Peter and Autumn Phillip's are definitely too young to ride.... and Princess Eugenie is the one featured in the picture where the caption is....and Princess Eugenie is definitely not a great grandchild of the Queen, but just a plain old simple grandchild... The magazine also refers to Will and Harry as the "uncles" of Peter's two girls, who would technically be second cousins to the Princes. I know that I refer to my second cousin (who is 63) as an "aunt", but we don't know that this is what the Phillip's girls call Will and Harry... and if the magazine has an inside scoop then sharing that tidbit and being a bit more clear would probably set them apart and help to establish this as being true.



Anyways, overall I liked seeing the pictures, and like with all reporting, I will take what's written in this magazine with a HUGE grain of salt. In fact, I might just keep the whole shaker nearby! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment