Wednesday 17 July 2013

A Great Find: Organix Coconut Oil

Recently when I was on the hunt for a leave-in conditioner type product for my mother, I stumbled across a coconut oil product by "Organix".

My mother ended up deciding that she wanted a mask product, so she ended up giving the coconut oil to me, and WOW! I was so impressed! 

The first time I used this, I applied the product (it's in a spray bottle) to wet hair when I was fresh out of the lake. I brushed it through and then put it up in a ponytail. That night when I let my hair down, it was so silky and it just felt beautiful! But the real magic was noticeable the next day after I had washed my hair.

I don't believe I used conditioner, and even if I had, none of my conditioners have those kinds of effects! I dried my hair normally and my hair looked amazing and it styled beautifully! I couldn't believe it! And day after day my hair looked better and better, and the style really held! 

Lately I had been feeling discouraged, as my blow-outs weren't holding, especially in the hot and humid weather. But this potion does the trick! In fact, I can't think of when my hair looked better! I'm not even really using my Con Air Pro styler as much during the styling process - I can get away with just my regular blow-dryer and my hair comes out really nicely! 

I would compare my hair now to Pippa's, rather than to Kate's. It's more straight and smooth, and it's less "styled". But I like it a lot, and maybe even better! And it's easier to do and it takes far less time. Plus the style really holds, like I mentioned before. And I feel like unless I have a stylist coming in every day to do my hair, I just don't want to be bothered trying to get the big curls and volume into my hair. 

Even though Pippa has added some texture and curl or wave to her hair here, it is still not the same as Kate's - it just doesn't have the same heavy volume in the bottom layers

I'm going to follow Pippa's path - her hair looks "done", but it's not done like Kate's. I think this new sleeker look I've got going is more conducive to an amateur who has not help and who has longer layers. Plus I think the sleeker ends (as opposed to the waves and volume at the bottom) does more for my face. And having a bit more layering close to the jaw-line certainly helps too.

This is more like what my hair is looking like these days


So try this product if you want healthy hair and more manageable hair! You can also apply to dry hair to fix fly-aways and to add more moisture to dry lifeless hair!





No comments:

Post a Comment