Friday 12 July 2013

Haircut

I'm getting my hair cut in a few weeks, it's my 12 week re-fresh. But, I'm also trying to decide if I want to shorten anything up. My hair is quite long at the moment, and I have longer layers in it and my bangs have grown out quite a lot, they are at or just below my chin now.  And although this is a good thing, as it's easy to tie it all up and not have anything hanging down, and air drying it after swimming is easier, I'm just not so sure it's 100% flattering... After I've just done my hair it looks all nice and full and it has lots of volume, but after a few hours it starts to fall because of the weight of all the hair I think. I'm thinking of perhaps shortening my "bangs" up a bit...so when things fall flat I have some pieces higher up around my face, to give my face some lift.

Here is a picture of me a few weeks ago attending a friend's wedding:


Here are some pictures of Kate where I like how she has some shorter layers around her face (although I think she's let them grow out since):

I love Kate's hair in this photo - and she just looks so lovely! I like her in blues, it makes her eyes pop

Here Kate's hair is not as "done up", and it's straighter, but her bangs help to balance everything out by giving some volume around her face

Here are some pictures where her hair is longer and flatter without any bangs to soften the look; I don't really like this when I see it on myself...




I've also been thinking about Pippa's hair lately, I would like to emulate that as well. It's a bit less styled as Kate's; she doesn't really put a lot of curl or volume into it. But although it's flatter, it's not without style. I just don't know how to get pieces of my hair to wave back and have the same movement and look to it! My curling iron sucks, it leaves dents in my hair - I can't figure it out! 

Here are some pictures of Pippa's hair that inspire me:




Here is a picture (below) where I find her hair style looks good... but on me I find it would be too flat for my liking. 


What to do what to do? I'll keep you posted as I consider what approach to take :)








No comments:

Post a Comment