Thursday 5 July 2012

Obsessed with Getting Kate's Makeup Right

I have often blogged about Kate's eye makeup, and what to do to get her look. I have asked numerous makeup artists, who have many different opinions, and I have tried many different things myself.

Here is a picture that I think can help me (sort of) satisfy my OCD with Kate's eye makeup routine, from a time that I think was most flattering on her and would be most flattering on me.


Start by lining your eyes with either a pencil liner in black or in a liquid liner in black. You could also start by drawing a line in pencil and then tracing over it in the liquid liner. This might result in a softer looking line, or a smudgier looking line. Because I do find liquid tends to look harsh on me sometimes.

Next, apply a soft shadow (colour is grey/brownish looking) to the corners of the eyelids only - make sure to blend it - and into the creases of the lids. Then add mascara and you should be finished.

I don't line the entire eye myself, just because I find it's not flattering on me. However, Kate does line her entire eye, with what looks like the same product. I would suggest only doing both liners on the upper lid, using both liners on the bottom would probably result in too thick a line and it would be heavy and dark looking.

I hope this helps. It may seem super simple but it doesn't always turn out looking exactly like Kate's, so that's what keeps me searching for more answers. I wish I could just ask her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment