Monday 9 July 2012

My Summer Bag and Shoe Mission

I've been admiring lighter coloured (or tan coloured) bags recently - especially when someone (like Pippa Middleton) pairs tan shoes with them! It's very summery and I love the matched look, it's very polished looking.



However, it's already July 9th, and although summer has pretty much just begun, I wonder how long I can wear the combo mentioned above... Should I be investing in items that I won't be wearing for all that much longer (my mother's influence)? But then I realise, summer isn't even half over, and when spring and summer roll around again next year I'll be ready!

I guess half the battle is trying not over-spend but not compromise by buying items that I don't like. I was bidding on a Dooney and Bourke bag the other day, which was tan and cream coloured (only 10 dollars!) but I was out-bid by 50 cents in the last minute! That, and a cheaper pair of tan coloured sandals were going to be the answer to my summer mission, but now I'm back at square one, or sort of. Here are the bags that I am currently going to watch and possibly bid on:


Above: Dooney and Bourke

Above: Modalu "Pippa" bag in "Toffee"
Also, I'm opting for tan coloured sandals because the weather here (Toronto, Canada) is just too hot for closed shoes if you don't have to wear them, and they need to be multi-purpose, meaning that I need to be able to wear them to the grocery store, the cottage etc. I think that wearing tan wedges (which I do have) all of the time would be too much too. Especially since I wear shorts a lot in the summer, and I would feel a bit overdone if I was wearing wedges (tall wedges) and shorts that are above mid-thigh.

I guess I'll get back to trolling the internet (and ebay) for options.

Update: here are some sandals I found on ebay, and their size selection is amazing! The only thing I worry about, if I were to buy shoes on ebay, is if they will fit or not. I think I should stick to the stores that I can visit and try their shoes on.



Here are some options from Spring shoes, the only issue being that they aren't sandals. But, they would be cute for work or with pants/jeans.



Here is a pair of tan coloured sandals from GAP:



I like these a lot, but I guess I should wait until I get the Dooney and Bourke bag (or IF I get the Dooney and Bourke bag) to buy these sandals. I just hope the sizes don't run out. Also, I can always return these to the GAP store if they don't fit me properly.


No comments:

Post a Comment