Thursday 5 July 2012

To Part or Not to Part, that is the Question

Today I am getting my hair cut. I haven't had it cut in six months now. I had a bit of a catastrophe back a few years ago where a hair dresser managed to basically cut most of my hair off (and I didn't ask her to). So since then, I have been patiently waiting (sort of) for my hair to grow back to what it had been before and then some. Basically I want Kate hair :)


Although I would say that my hair has for a while now (and before I started noticing Kate) been long and layered, it has gotten more Kate-like recently. I have really grown it out to be quite long and I've been trying to curl it at the ends or just blow it out nicely. But until I actually go in and request this "look", and ask a pro how to really achieve her hairstyle, I will not be satisfied that I have her look. Make sense?


So we'll see how it goes. I've been looking at a bunch of pictures of Kate today studying her look, but what else is new, and I've decided that I think that what separates my hair from hers is that her bangs are really only on one side... and the hair on the other side of the part looks like one long piece. HOWEVER, here is where I get hung-up. Kate's hair gets parted both ways, depending on her mood I guess. So she must have bangs that are cut to go both ways (like mine are at present). Oh boy!!!!!!! I'm so glad I've made this realisation (and just now too)!!!! I suppose then the thing to do is make sure that the part is over far enough to achieve that long look on the side where the parted hair doesn't fall.... does that make sense???


I guess I'll just have to ask and trust the hair dresser (gulp)!

No comments:

Post a Comment