Thursday 13 September 2012

Duchess the Queen of Recycling – But Let’s See Something Different Already!

Of course I am a big fan of the Duchess of Cambridge and her style and beauty choices. But, I have to say, I’m sick of her navy blue pants – Zara, J Brand or whatever they are!




I get that Kate’s known for recycling her clothes, and it is refreshing to see and it’s nice to have a role model like Kate to emulate. But please – let’s see something else already! All through the Olympics we saw Kate sport her navy blue pants, whether with her Smythe blazer (very smart outfit I have to admit) or with her various Olympic paraphernalia. I get that these pants are obviously versatile, and they fit in with the GB team colours, but it’s boring and bordering on being kind of, dare I say it, gross. Not that I’m casting doubt on Kate’s cleanliness, but come on, wear something different! I suppose that I’m imposing my own feelings on this situation, when I’ve worn the same thing a lot – I feel gross. I feel like the garment becomes too lived-in feeling and more importantly it becomes predictable, by me and by anyone who cares to notice what I’m wearing.  

So Kate, let’s see some nice dark-wash denim at least! That could still fit very nicely with the GB team colours! But no more navy blue pants – please!

Also, one last complaint (if you can believe it – I usually don’t have one negative thing to say!)

I feel as though in the last few months (I can’t really think when to say it really started, but I might have another post that could maybe help to identify the beginning) that Kate’s hair (and maybe even her makeup) is looking a bit over-done, or over-styled.

Yes Kate’s known for her wavy and full “Chelsea blow-out”, but I feel like it’s possibly more full (too full) and too coiffed these days. It’s almost like you can feel her consciousness (new or not) about herself.


We always admired her hair before (whether she always employed a hair dresser or not) because she looked natural and like the classic “Girl Next-door”. She looked effortless and classic and pretty. And most importantly (as I always say) – Kate looked like something any girl could attain on her own merits. She did her own makeup on her wedding day for goodness sakes!

However, now I find myself thinking…I used to identify more with Kate – prior to this realization of mine. Before I could get up in the morning and think that my hair had the potential (if and when I took the time) to look like Kate’s. But now I’m not so sure. In fact, I’m positive that unless I went to a hair dresser everyday (as she probably does now), there is no way my hair could look like hers does now.

My Appeal:

Kate, we loved you as you were before! Please don’t go over to the dark side (which I can feel happening), where you become too conscious of yourself and how you appear in the public eye! You were beautiful before, and part of the attraction on the behalf of the publics’ was the fact that you looked like you were trying, but the difference was it didn’t look like you were turning to the professional’s hand every second. Back then it seemed possible to emulate you, whereas now it seems like you’re becoming yet another unattainable “celebrity” (yuck!).

Stay true to your British roots, don’t turn “Hollywood” – be yourself and do your own hair (at least most of the time)! J

Source: http://thestar.blogs.com/royals/2012/08/the-queen-leads-royals-in-paralympics-opening-except-harry.html

No comments:

Post a Comment