Thursday 5 September 2013

30 Day Shred (by Jillian Michael's): Day 1 Complete!

A number of months ago I decided to lose some weight that I have gained over the last year and a half or so (about 10 pounds or so). I successfully lost 5 but put it back on after being diagnosed with Hypothyroidism.

So I'm back into trying to lose the weight and the water weight again (my inspirations being Pippa and Kate). My plan of action is to use Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred DVD. It's a grueling 20 minute workout which promises to help you drop the pounds and lose inches. The goal of the DVD says 20 pounds should vanish in 30 Days, but that means you're doing the DVD everyday, and I assume you must have a substantial amount of weight on you. I don't think that I could lose 20 pounds, but it would be nice. I would go from roughly around 150 pounds down to 130. I don't remember the last time I weighed that much.

Anyways, last night I began, and this morning at 11 o'clock I will do it again (I plan to do it as much as possible in the mornings).

I'm also taking a drink mixture throughout the day. I found the recipe on Pinterest. It's also developed by Jillian, and it's supposed to eliminate any water weight you're carrying, up to 5 pounds of it! With Hypothyroidism it's a known fact that a lot of the weight you gain comes from water. Although the metabolism can substantially slow down depending on your condition, so that would naturally lead to an actual gain in body mass.


So I'm taking this drink along with my daily 8 glasses of water - I'm hoping that will maximize the results. The other liquid is about 8 cups. All-in-all I'm drinking 16 glasses of "water" a day. Wow! And I have to say that today I feel a lot better. I just don't feel as bloated and "full". I was also actually hungry this morning for the first time in a while. Which makes me feel good! Work metabolism work!

The last thing I'm doing is trying to stick as much as possible to a 1,200 calorie daily "diet". It sounds like an awfully low number, but it's more than doable. It's amazing how much great food you can eat when it's actually good for you! Although this time around I'm not quite as dedicated and strict as I have been in the past, when trying to adhere to this 1,200 limit. However, I'm optimistic that now, with incorporating exercise, I'm not going to want to eat those extra calories, when I remember how hard it is to get through that DVD workout :) I want to maximize those results :)

Here is the recipe for the "tea":

60 oz of purified water 
2 tablespoon's lemon juice
1 tablespoon sugar free cranberry juice
1 dandelion root tea bag

Tips:

- Let your drink refrigerate for a few hours before drinking it (it will taste better)
- I left my tea bag in for quite a while (over 5 hours). I would take it out earlier this time, and the blog I got the recipe from said she took it out after "a few hours". So maybe give it three hours or so.
- Drink this with 8 glasses of water. It will hopefully improve your results - the blogger seemed to think so too.
- I used bottled water the first time, but I think I'll just use regular tap water for my next batch. My husband (who did a Master's Degree in medical science), said he didn't think that in this case bottled water would make a difference.

These are the products that the blogger used - and I used all the same things too:





No comments:

Post a Comment