Saturday 27 April 2013

Prince Philip in Toronto: Commemoration of the War of 1812

This morning Prince Philip arrived at Queen's Park in Toronto for the Trooping of the Colour. He then progressed on to Fort York for the commemorative events for the War of 1812.

My mother and I got up nice and early today and we arrived at Queen's Park around 7:45am. We had one of the best (if not the best) spots along and at the very front of the fences facing the chair that Prince Philip would later sit in.

We were able to see his vehicles as they passed (and I think I actually saw Prince Philip in the car), and we were probably 20 feet away from him at times. All in all we had an excellent view of him and it was wonderful to see him!

Here is a video still of me taken from CBC's broadcast tonight :)



Here is a link to CBC's broadcast of the event:


And it's hard to believe that he's going to be 92! He walked without a cane and he walked quite quickly too! He wore a navy blue suit and a brimmed hat with a ribbon of burgundy and navy stripes around it.

Here are some of my pictures (some are a bit blurry, as I really zoomed in):


Parliament Buildings at Queen's Park in Toronto

The chair where Prince Philip sat









Two men who parachuted in

No comments:

Post a Comment