Friday 26 April 2013

The Count-down is On! England 2014

A year ago tomorrow I was sitting on a plane waiting to go to London England for the first time in my life. Leading up to this date I have become increasingly nostalgic and I feel almost homesick, even though I call Toronto Canada my home.

My husband and I booked a last minute "deal" through Air Canada and we flew into London on the Saturday and arrived home the following Wednesday. It was quite a short stay but boy did we make the most of it!

We saw so much of London and took a bus tour north to Warwick Castle, back down through Stratford, the Cotswolds and Oxford and back into London! Our feet were so sore and we were dead tired at the end of each day, but we saw everything we really wanted to see and more! We had a great time!

I first had the opportunity to go to England in the summer of 2005, but because I was chasing my now husband (he's not rich or an aristocrat, so I don't think I could be called a social climber or a gold digger) :) I didn't end up going. I was 16, so maybe you can understand.

So when we got a chance to go last spring I was over the moon. And although it rained (and was quite cold) when we first arrived, it was magical to be there in April and May (I like to joke that I was there for two months, as were arrived on April 28th and left on May 2rd).

Anyways, we're planning on going back next year, but this time in June. My parents are going to Venice and then to England and we'll meet them in England on their week there!

This time I hope to go out of London, to York, Cambridge and maybe even up to Scotland for some time. I would also like to see Hampton Court Palace, and maybe some other bits of London that we didn't see last time.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!! :)

Here are just a few pictures from our trip last year:

Kensington Gardens (approaching the Albert Memorial from the west)


Kensington Gardens again (approaching the Albert Memorial from the west, you can see it through the opening if you really look closely)


Kensington Palace (where Kate and Willam live in London, or somewhere on the property)


Westminster Abbey (below)


A view from Warwick Castle



I find it mind boggling when I see pictures of Kate walking Lupo on paths that I've also walked on! I know that might sound really insane though! :)

Kate and her brother James Middleton walking Lupo and another spaniel around Kensington Palace

It's also amazing to think that we were in Westminster Abbey! It's such an old church and there is so much history there! When I see clips of the royal wedding, or the Queen's coronation, I can't believe that I've walked where they have walked!

I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment